About This Property

Amtrak still serves the Union Station, the stop is located at the east end of this a historic brick structure built in 1930.

The former Union Station was built in 1888 by the Missouri Pacific (MoPac) and Texas & Pacific. The Cotton Belt became a tenant there in 1908, and spent considerable amounts on refurbishing the station. In 1913, Cotton Belt became a part-owner in the station. As pressure began to build for the creation of a new station, the Cotton Belt, MoPac, Texas & Pacific, and Kansas City Southern created the Texarkana Union Station Trust to construct and operate a modern union passenger terminal. The project was funded by the sale of securities of the joint terminal at a cost of $1,667,000. On May 12, 1930, the Texarkana Chamber of Commerce sponsored a cornerstone laying celebration. A chamber spokesperson stated that the completion of Union Station was “one of the most momentous events in the history of the city.”

The imposing 44,000 square foot station features Renaissance revival architecture. Three large, arched windows flanked by decorative columns highlight its façade. This station was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

 - From Great American Stations http://www.greatamericanstations.com/stations/texarkana-ar-txa/

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning Industrial 1
Lot Size (acres) 0.8800
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c 1930
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 361401
Subdivision 30-15S-28W
Legal Description PT S1/2
Located Within
  • Main Street Program Area
  • Texarkana, AR Original City Historic District (local regulatory)