About This Property

Currently, this is the only federal office building to straddle a state line. The Texas-Arkansas state  boundary (established in 1841 by United States and Republic of Texas) passes through center. Each state had separate post offices until 1892, when first joint office was built on this site. It was razed in 1930, and in 1933 the present structure was completed. The base is of Texas pink granite while walls are of limestone  from Arkansas. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970



Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning CBD - Central Business District
Lot Size (acres)
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built 1933
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 3840032100
Subdivision
Legal Description
Located Within
  • Main Street Program Area