About This Property

Built in 1883-84, the raised two-story house is situated on a quarter block of one of the few remaining wooded areas in downtown Texarkana. The site is bounded by two streets. 5th street at the northwest and Pine street at the southwest. An alley separates the rear of the house from St. James Episcopal Church. Enclosing the beautiful grounds is a high brick wall, first built in 1884 as a low retaining wall and increased in height in the late 1930's to provide privacy. Wrought iron gates mark the entrance at Pine street. Raised over  a full basement, the apparent three stories of the Draughn Moore  House is further heightened by its location on a high terrace above the street. An octagonal cupola rising from the central part of the roof adds to this sense of verticality.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning CBD - Central Business District
Lot Size (acres)
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built 1983-1984
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 3840000600
Subdivision
Legal Description CITY/TRIGGS ADDN, LOTS 9-12, BLK/TRACT 4
Located Within
  • Main Street Program Area