About This Property

This was the first brick structure in Texarkana, built in 1879 for First National Bank and later modified significantly. The second floor contained Kelsey and Offenhauser Insurance Agency. Here in 1883, pioneer businessman F. W. Offenhauser wrote his first insurance policy. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1965. 

The building now houses the Museum of Regional History.


Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning CBD - Central Business District
Lot Size (acres)
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built 1879/1901
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number
Subdivision
Legal Description
Located Within
  • Main Street Program Area