About This Property

The Streithoff building was a rock building built by Fritz Streithoff and operated under the name “Bank Saloon” from 1875–1887. It was then sold to August Heintze to be used as Heintze & Co. Grocery Store. In 1894, J. H. White purchased the building and turned it into White’s Drug Store.

In 1896, Louis Walter used the building as a saddle store. It remained a saddler and harness business until 1929. During that time, the building underwent many renovations including adding newly made offices on the second floor, a new front on the bottom floor, and, in 1930, the entire front façade of the rock building was remodeled.

Since 1931, the building has served many purposes including a drug store, auto store, and, most recently, law offices.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.0997
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1875
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date November 5th, 2002
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 37496
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 144-149 BLK 19 .0997 4,342 SFT, COMM - OELTJEN, SCHOVAJSA, KLESEL & CORKILL ATTYS
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District