About This Property

Frank Reichert, Sr., constructed this building and ran his furniture business from there until 1974. The awning in front of the building was added in 1894. The building served as a furniture store for many years, even surviving the flood of 1913 despite a huge loss of $4000. The building has also been home to a sporting goods store, a J.C. Penney catalog outlet, and Fayetteville Air offices. In 2011, the building was transformed into the Texas Quilt Museum. The Texas Quilt Museum is comprised of the buildings addressed 140 and 136 on Colorado Street. The buildings have been renovated and have amazing architecture.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.1980
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1892
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date July 29th, 2009
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 37554
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 114-123-141-142-151-152 BLK 18 .198 8,578.6 SFT, COMM - TEXAS QUILT MUSEUM
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District