About This Property

Built by Capt. W. H. Ledbetter in 1884 with locally made brick, the building was originally used as a cigar factory and a millinery shop. By 1890, it was a mercantile store and in 1906, the building was designated as a U.S. Post Office. It remained a post office until 1937.

From 1938–1946, the building was home to the Texas Public Service Company and then the La Grange City Hall from 1946–1965. In 1983, the building received a facelift with a modern façade, new awning, plate-glass windows, and interior remodeling.

Since then, it has been home to an office supply store and most recently office space for a financial services agency.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.0651
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built 1884
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 36794
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC OF 170 BLK 23 .0651 35 X 81 = 2,835 SFT, COMM - COMMERCIAL BLDG
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District