About This Property

J.C. Speckels built this brick building to be used as the Diamond Saloon. It was later turned into the Diamond Café and operated as such until 1929. In 1930, the building was turned into a meat market, which lasted until 1941. Between 1951–1986, the building housed a grocery store, a service board for the U.S. Government, and a sales agency.

From 1988 to 1990, the building was a D&D Ace Hardware store. After that, it was transformed, first into a studio which opened its doors in 1993, and then into a bridal
shop in 1999. Since then, it served as the location of a kitchen gourmet shop and most recently a women’s clothing boutique.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.1188
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1890
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date December 30th, 1999
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 36786
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 177-196 BLK 23 0.1188 5,175 SFT, COMM - RETAIL
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District