About This Property

Ground was broken for the new home of the La Grange Journal newspaper on April 12,
1900. The La Grange Journal, owned and edited by Ben Harigal, shared the space with the German language newspaper, the La Grange Deutsche Zeitung, edited by
Gus Heilig.

A newspaper continuously operated from this location until November 5, 1986, when the final issue of the La Grange Journal was printed.

The location has since been home to office space for various local businesses as well as a women’s clothing store.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning
Lot Size (acres)
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1900
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 36797
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 221-232 BLK 32 .1455 6,338.64 SFT, COMM--FLAIR & COMPANY
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District