About This Property

The building on 117 N. Main originally served as a jewelry store owned by R.F. Day. The middle building, 123 N. Main, was owned by Julius Meyenberg, who used it as a drug store. The 129 N. Main building was used as a dry goods store and was owned by Friedberger & Johnson. The drug store owned by Julius Meyenberg stayed in operation for 140 years. In 1944, when Julius, Jr., retired, the building was sold to Louis Schroeder and continued to operate as a drug store. Now the three buildings serve as a doctor’s office, catering hall, and clothing boutique.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.0920
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1895
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date December 21st, 2007
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 48358
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 198 BLK 21 .092 4007 SFT, COMM BLDG
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District

1 Available Lease Space

Suite 1
per mo.
Square Footage
2,229 sq ft
Current Use
Retail
Unit Type
Commercial Unit
Floor