About This Property

The Warnken buildings consist of the 113 and 119 buildings on W. Colorado Street. The building at 113 W. Colorado St. was constructed by August Warnken using materials from the rock of the third Fayette County Courthouse. The letters “K. J. T.” stand in relief behind
the three stars at the top of the building, signifying the remnants of the Catholic Union of Texas, which occupied the building from 1943–1973.

The building located on 119 W. Colorado St. was constructed by August Warnken as a two-story brick building. As soon as it was finished, the first floor was leased as a saloon. Later, it was used by Prause Meat Market and eventually became part of the property owned by National Bank & Trust. Both structures were part of a huge restoration conducted by the bank and the Texas Historical Commission. They were originally scheduled for demolition but were saved by public outcry.

These buildings are currently home to a CPA and a custom home builder.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.0440
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built 1884 and 1891
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date February 26th, 2015
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 57867
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 169 BLK 23 0.044 COMMERCIAL BLDG -SIGNATURE BUILDERS
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District