About This Property

In 1889, August Heintze & Co. built two new large brick stores on this site. They shared a common fa├žade. The left building was used as the dry goods department of the
Heintze Company. A grocery store occupied the building from the 1930s until the late 1990s. It is now the home of a full service optical shop along with ophthalmology
services.
 
The building on the right was first occupied by the County Seat Saloon. In 1896, a small corner in the front of the building was occupied by a jeweler. A jewelry business has
occupied the building since 1952. 

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.1182
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1889
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date June 4th, 2002
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 36779
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC OF 196 & 203 BLK 23 .1182 5,150 SFT, COMM - SCHMIDT JEWELRY & GIFTS
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District