About This Property

The Presun building is a two-story Italianate building built by German-Texan stonemasons who were commissioned by F.W. Grassmeyer. 

The structure served as the Central Hotel until 1893, when German immigrant Fritz Presun purchased it as a regional sales office for large American breweries. In 1897, Presun added a bottling operation, the Crown Soda Factory. His son, Henry, continued the business and also sold oil and gas here. 

From 1965 to the present, the Presun building has been home to a variety of businesses including an insurance agency, architecture firm, antique shop, and photography studio. The newest business to take up residence in the building is a wine bar offering a vast selection of red and white wines from all over the world. 

In 1983, the building was awarded a Medallion from the Texas Historical Commission and designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.0739
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1856-1859
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date September 13th, 2012
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 38441
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT 228, FRC 225 BLK 34 0.0739 3,219 SFT, COMM- OFFICE
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District