About This Property

Heinrich Kreische, a popular stonemason and brewmaster built this building in 1881 and subsequently named it after himself. In 1882, Kreische died and the property remained in the family until 1952. 
 
The building served as a general store from the late 1880s until 1912. It remained vacant until 1934 when Spears Dairy Inc. opened its milk bottling plant, which remained in business until 1948. In 1953, the property changed ownership and was used as offices for insurance companies until 1968, when a dentist bought the building. It was used as a dress shop in 1969, a medical rental facility in 1980, and most recently a real estate office from 1997 until the present day.

Nearby Businesses

Property Information

Zoning District B - Commercial
Lot Size (acres) 0.1078
Parking Spaces
Electrical Service
Heating Type
Official Total Sq Ft
Total Commercial Units
Total Residential Units
Total Commerical Sq Ft
Total Residential Sq Ft
Year Built c. 1881
Last Remodel Date
Last Sale Date August 1st, 1994
Historic Resources Survey -
Priority
Parcel Number 37179
Subdivision
Legal Description MOORE JOHN H (445) LOT FRC 225 BLK 34 .1078 4,965 SFT, COMM - HART LAND REAL ESTATE
Located Within
  • La Grange Main Street Program Area/Local Historic District Boundary
  • La Grange National Register Commercial Historic District