The Brashers Building is made up of three old buildings: 108, 118, and 122 W Colorado. This corner has always been related to transportation in some way, beginning as a livery stable. The livery stable went through a number of owners, then in 1914, it became the new home of City Garage, which had been across the street. The reinforced concrete exterior came along in 1922. It became Brasher Motor Company in late 1939 or early 1940. Sometime between 1950 and 1970, the corner building and the next two (118 and 122 W Colorado) were joined and only the 108 W Colorado address was used. There had been a gas station across the corner, but that was gone and the space was closed in by 1971. Brashers became Brasher-Gunn sometime in the mid-1970s. David Gunn was the Brashers’ son-in-law. In 2016 Oviedo Auto Sales bought Brasher-Gunn. The blue metal slipcover currently installed on the front is removable and is not an original part of the building.
118 and 122 W Colorado were built as two of four identical buildings in 1880. The other two, at 126 and 136 W Colorado, still have their original facades. 118 W Colorado had been a newspaper office and feed store before La Grange Coca-Cola Bottling Company moved to the site in 1929. At that point, the building was remodeled and a large plate grass front was installed. In the 1960s it was an insurance office, telephone co-op office, and bookkeeping company. Sometime between 1950 and 1970, this building and 122 W. Colorado were joined. In 1971 Colorado County Federal Savings & Loan Association was here. When they left in the mid-1970s, it became part of the parts department for Brasher Motor Company.
122 W Colorado was another newspaper office (The Journal), a liquor store, a tin shop, a Baptist Mission, a restaurant, a community canning plant, and a harness and shoe repair shop before being joined with 118 W. Colorado.